Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Easy Vegetarian Lima Beans


I might be in the minority on this one, but I LOVE  lima beans, especially the ones from Cracker Barrel.  I decided to try to make a lighter copy-cat version, and I'm really pleased with how they came out.

Ingredients:
1 16 oz. bag of frozen lima beans
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 chicken bullion cube
1Tbs light butter spread (I used Brummel & Brown)
1 clove of garlic, pealed and slightly smashed
 garlic salt, black pepper,  & onion powder to taste

Directions 

Add chicken broth  and bullion to a pot and bring to a boil. Add lima beans and enough water just to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; add all other ingredients, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until beans are tender. 

One cup of beans is 2 weight watcher points .

0 comments: