Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cauliflower with Cheese and Bread Crumbs

Monday, the day I happened to do my grocery shopping, I also happened to be having an extreme vegetable craving. So, now I have a fridge full of fresh produce, and I'm looking for creative, new ways to cook them. I stumbled across this recipe for cauliflower and decided to give it a try. It was pretty good. Like most things, it would be better with extra cheese! :-)

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
non-stick cook spray
garlic salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in a steamer basket until tender.  Add bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper to a skillet sprayed with cooking spray.  Cook until bread crumbs are browned.  When cauliflower is tender add it to the skillet with bread crumbs; stir to mix.  Sprinkle cheese over top and allow to melt.

Recipe makes 4 serving.  Each serving is one weight watcher point.

0 comments: