Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baked Feta-Crusted Salmon

I have been so lazy about updating my blog, and I have pictures of recipes just waiting to be shared. So, I promise I will make a few posts this week. We are not seafood eaters. We've tried to be, but it's just not our thing. Somone told me the other day that I couldn't give up on seafood until I tried salmon. I found this recipe and decided that everything is good when covered in feta cheese. I was right! :-) It was surprisingly good. I served it with parmesan couscous and sauteed green beans. We will defintely have this again.

Ingredients
4 (4oz) salmon fillets
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon light cream cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika, ground
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs

Directions


1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon onto foil and set aside.

2.Mix together feta cheese, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over salmon, then sprinkle panko over top, covering completely.

3.Bake in preheated oven until easily flaked with a fork, about 35 to 45 minutes.

Each fillet is 4 weight watcher points.

0 comments: