Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

I'm bummed that I forgot to take a picture of this, but we will just have to deal with the stock picture above until I make it again! :-) This was so good! Matt and I both loved it.

Basic Recipe:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
3 tbs taco seasoning

Directions:
Add chicken to crockpot. Dissolve seasoning in broth and pour over chicken.  Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred meat with a fork and return to juices. Serve on taco shells with cheese, lettuce and sour cream.

How I changed the recipe:
I added half a can of rotel tomatoes with the juice to a blender and blended until smooth. Make recipe as listed above but add the blended tomato before cooking. After chicken was cooked I mixed in some fresh cilantro for even more flavor.

Chicken is 1 weight watcher point per ounce.

0 comments: