Saturday, March 5, 2011

Roasted Edamame

I'm on an edamame kick right now! I find it kind of addicting. I found some frozen, in-the-pod edamame at my local Aldi the other day, and I was really excited. It was fun, but I do find the frozen, pre-shelled edamame from Trader Joe's quicker to work with. Anway, I found this recipe online, and it is wonderful. I've been eating it as my after-workout snack and find it very satifying.

Ingredients:


2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 (10 ounce) package ready-to-eat soybeans, thawed if using the frozen variety (fresh or frozen, edamame. If using the edamame in the shell, you will need to steam them by boiling them for 7 minutes and then remove the beans from the pod before starting the recipe)

Directions:


1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
2 In small bowl, stir together oil, basil, chili powder, onion salt, cumin, paprika and black pepper.
3 Drizzle mixture over soybeans and toss to coat well.
4 Arrange beans in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
5 Roast, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until soybeans begin to brown.
6 Serve hot as a vegetable side dish or cooled as a snack.
7 Refrigerate any leftovers.

This makes 3 servings. Each serving is 4 weight watcher points.

0 comments: