Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chipotle/Qdoba Copy Cat Black Beans

We LOVE Chipotle! It's one of very few fast food restaurants we still go to. In my quest to make everything lighter and healthier, I set out to make my own version of their black beans. I served mine over cilantro lime rice, but they would be great as a side dish or added to burritos as well!

Ingredients:

1 lb dried black beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 jar of your favorite salsa

Directions:

Sort through dried beans and remove any pebbles.  Add beans to a large pot and cover with water. (beans will almost double in size so use a large enough pot). Allow to soak for at least 6 hours (I left mine over night).  Drain beans and add to crock pot.  Cover beans with fresh water.  Stir in salsa and taco seasoning.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beans are tender.

Each 1/2 cup of beans is 2 weight watcher points

0 comments: