Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Iced Coffee At Home! :-)

I can't stop drinking iced coffee! I have a real problem! It was starting to take a toll on my budget, so I've been making it at home.  It's just as satisfying, and when I make it in my favorite Starbucks cold travel cup (pictured above) it just makes me happy! It did require purchasing a few things, but they will last for several batches!

What you need:
  • Your favorite coffee.  For the me the bolder the better.  I used Starbucks Ethiopia Sidamo
  • Flavored coffee syrup. This is available at most grocery stores, but Starbucks also sells their syrups by the bottle. ($6.95 a bottle...I think). Starbucks puts unflavored Classic syrup in their iced coffee. I like vanilla in mine
  • Half & Half or milk.  I prefer half & half, and it's lower in points than I expected!
What you do:

Grind your coffee if it's whole bean. Brew a pot of coffee like normal, but make it DOUBLE strength.  Add double the amount of grounds, but keep the same amount of water as normal. Prepare a plastic drink pitcher by filling it half way with ice cubes.  When coffee is finished brewing, pour it over the ice.  The ice will melt, but your coffee will not be watery because it was double strength.

Fill your favorite cup about 3/4 way full with iced coffee.  Add desired amount of syrup and half & half.  Add more ice to fill cup, and Enjoy!!!

1 cup of iced coffee with 2 TBS of vanilla syrup and 1/4 cup of half & half is 3 weight watcher points.

0 comments: