Friday, April 9, 2010

Cincinnati Chili

Cincinnati Chili is a big favorite on my husband's side of the family.  I'd never heard of it until I started dating Matt. Now, it's one of my favorites.  It is typically served over spaghetti noodles, but since starting Weight Watchers I eat mine with rice because rice keeps me full longer than pasta. (One cup of pasta and one cup of white rice are both 4 points.) You can also eat it on a hot dog bun and top it with cheese!

Ingredients:

2 lbs 93/7 lean ground beef
2 cans (8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can (5 ounces) tomato paste
4 Tbs chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs vinegar
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion salt
2 tsp steak sauce
1 1/2 cups water
2-3 dried bay leaves
1/4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Instructions:

Brown ground beef on stove top; then add to crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over warm spaghetti noodles and top with shredded cheddar.

One cup of chili is 4 weight watchers points.  Be sure to add points for pasta and cheese.

0 comments: