Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crock Pot Mushrooms

This past weekend Matt and I went to the Renaissance Fair, and while the costumes where somewhat scary, the food was awesome! For lunch I had a bowl of mushrooms served in a beef broth. Mushrooms are a great zero point snack and so filling. Inspired by this meal, I came home and searched the internet for ways to prepare mushrooms in the crock pot, and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
2 containers of fresh mushrooms
3 TBS low fat margarine spread ( I used Brummel & Brown)
1 package dry ranch mix
water

Directions:
Thoroughly clean mushrooms and place in the bottom of crock pot.  Add margarine to a microwave-safe measuring cup, and microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.  Add water to the measuring cup until liquid reaches 1/2 cup. Add ranch mix to measuring cup and whisk until dissolved.  Pour over mushrooms and cook on low for 3-4 hours.

The entire pot of mushrooms is 4 points.

0 comments: