Monday, August 16, 2010

Rosemary Chicken and White Beans

This meal didn't photograph well, but it's so yummy I had to share.  I found the recipe and tried it on a whim, and I'm so glad I did.  I made a few adjustments because I didn't have all of the ingredients called for in the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken pieces (I used boneless skinless breasts)
1 can white beans ( I used two cans because I wanted left overs)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp rosemary
2 carrots sliced thin
1 stalk of celery sliced thin (I omitted this because I didn't have any)
1/3 cup light italian dressing (I used light sun-dried tomato dressing and added a little extra to cover the extra beans)

Directions:
Rinse and drain beans; add to crock pot.  Layer carrots and celery next.  Place chicken pieces on top of veggies.  In a small bowl combine dressing, salt, pepper and rosemary.  Pour mixture over chicken.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Weight Watcher Points:  1/4 of the chicken and half a cup of beans is 7 points.

0 comments: