Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Black Bean Brownies


I know what you're thinking!!! I do!  But don't write these off until you try them! I PROMISE they are really, really good, and I guarantee you will not taste beans! I know you're skeptical.....I was too! :-) They aren't the texture of your typical brownie mix, so don't expect them to be.  We decided that they taste a lot like the packaged Little Debbie brownies, and they are really yummy warmed up with a scoop of low-fat ice cream or with a dollop of fat free cool whip!

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix
1 can (15 oz) black beans

Directions:
Open the can of black beans, rinse well. With beans back in the can, add enough water to cover beans. Put in blender or food processor and puree. Add puree to brownie mix, and then bake according to package directions.

DO NOT add any other ingredients listed on the brownie mix, JUST the black bean puree!

Makes 20 brownies-- 2 Weight Watcher Points each! (Add extra points for ff cool whip and cherry)

1 comments:

Jannine Edwards said...

OMG it was fabulous!!!!!!! Kids loved it and so did i!