Thursday, March 11, 2010

Taco Salad


This recipe is certainly nothing new or innovative, but I thought I would just share how I fix one of our family-favorite meals (tacos) and keep it within my points range!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup 93/7 lean ground beef prepared with taco seasoning
1/2 cup fat free re-fried beans
1 tablespoon warm water (optional)
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup 2% shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbs low-fat sour cream
Shredded iceberg lettuce

Directions:
Fill plate with desired amount of shredded lettuce. This next step is optional, but I hate how thick re-fried beans are out of the can. So, I mix fat free re-fried beans with 1Tbs of water and heat in the microwave. The water makes them thin enough to spread over the lettuce. Spread the beans over the lettuce and top with the ground beef.  Add a layer of salsa and top with cheese and sour cream.

This makes one very large taco salad at 7  weight watcher points.  Some additional yummy add ins: chopped tomato, diced black olive, onions, crumbled baked tortilla chips.

0 comments: