Monday, March 8, 2010

Lightened-Up Egg Salad


I love egg salad, and I was really hoping to find a way to lighten it up so I wouldn't have to give it up. I've been playing around with my original recipe, and I've come up with a light version that I really enjoy.  I eat it with Wheat Thins Fiber Selects for a low-point, satisfying meal.

Ingredients:
1 hard boiled egg
3 hard boiled egg whites (discard the yolks)
1 Tbs Light Mayonnaise
1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard
Dill Pickle Relish to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil, cool and peel eggs being sure to discard 3 of the yolks. Mash eggs with a fork.  Mix in remaining ingredients. Egg salad tastes best if allowed to sit refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.

The entire batch of egg salad is 4 points. Add an additional 2 points for 15 Wheat Thin Fiber Selects (Garden Flavor).

0 comments: